The benefits of dental implants
If you are interested in restoring your smile, it’s time to think about dental implants. If you have wide open spaces in your smile due to missing teeth, dental implants can restore your smile and make it whole again. Dr. Owens of Vibrant Smiles in Waldorf, Maryland wants to help you explore the magic of dental implants, the state-of-the-art solution to replace missing teeth and restore your smile.
Dr. Owens would like you to know some of the benefits of dental implants. You should know that dental implants are:
- Beautiful, because they help retain the youthful contours of your face
- Convenient, because you don’t ever have to take them out
- Completely stable, because they are embedded in your bone
- Conservative, because your dentist doesn’t treat the adjacent teeth
- Healthy, because you chew better, helping digestion and your health
- Confidence-inspiring, because they stay in place when you speak
Dental implants are made of titanium, a strong metal with unique properties. It actually fuses with your bone! Titanium is biocompatible with your hard and soft tissue, so your body won’t reject it. In fact, dental implants have a 95% success rate, the highest of any surgical implant!
A dental implant is placed in your jaw, and your bone fuses around it, anchoring it in place. The implant functions as the “root” of your missing tooth. After a healing period, Dr. Owens will cap your implant with a beautiful porcelain crown. The result is a restored, natural-looking smile.
Dental implants can replace one or several missing teeth and can even support a denture.
If you want to restore your smile, it’s time to discover dental implants. You deserve the joy of smiling with a full smile, and have people smile back! Call Dr. Owens of Vibrant Smiles in Waldorf, Maryland, your dental implant expert in the neighborhood. You deserve a renewed, restored smile, so call today!